Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Keeping to Myself

I have been non-existent the last six weeks and all that time has sadly passed by undocumented, but not without reason. And although I may be as unproductive as that solar panel at night…

Here’s what I have been doing:

Craving Chocolate, but still staying true to my Resolution, though the intensity of it has been given new meaning

Avoiding stinky diapers at all costs – which is hard to do with a toddler running around

Giving this way too much face time

Cringing at each little ear-splitting noise

Spending the majority of my time on this, where I occasionally play referee, but mostly just tell the kids to take care of themselves

Crying. Lots of crying. Like at the drop of a hat. For some very big reasons. But mostly for ridiculously small reasons.

Avoiding the grocery store,

AND the sink piled high with dirty dishes,

 

AND raw meats – sometimes even cooked ones,

 

AND definitely avoiding any and all Meal Planning and especially Cooking!

[each of those things I am avoiding are simply impossible to accomplish without giving that toilet even more face time]

You see, when we packed up for our long and winding summer trip, we left something behind. Something in the bathroom wastebasket. Something that brought a smile to our faces each time we thought of it during our many hours in the car.

And when we returned, that something was glaring at us full-force - in a way that no longer brought a smile to our faces. Until we took the time to think about it again. And remembered the miracle of life inside me. And the precious opportunity we have to bring a perfect little spirit into our imperfect Palmer clan.

I just hope I can make it that long!

7 comments:

The Wizzle said...

I just KNEW it! Congratulations! <3

Jenni said...

Woot woot! Congrats Tash! I am very excited for the birth and baby and not so happy about you having face time with the toilet. I guess they go hand in hand....uh, good luck with that? :) Lets get together soon!

We Are Family! said...

Congratulations, Tasha! You are such a wonderful mom. Take good care of yourself!

Amy Mann said...

I am sorry about all of the sickness, but what is coming will be worth it. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with. Hang in there!

Tina said...

Wahoooo!!! All your clues started adding up and I was trying to read as fast as I could to get to the bottom of the page to hopefully read your news! How exciting!! You'll do great!!

Kasey and Baron said...

Congratulations! Hopefully, this yuckiness will pass quickly, so you can enjoy this exciting time!

Tasha said...

Thanks friends. I hope I'm not sick much longer either, but I'm not holding my breath (that makes me even more sick). :) Greg says it must be a boy because I am down and out with this one just like I was with Evan, and that lasted the WHOLE 9 months!!!