In case you missed the last post, then here is the official announcement.
Palmer Baby #4!
Making “its” debut near Leap Day
I had wanted to do something cute and creative to announce the exciting news to the older siblings. Maybe something like my sister did. But I have had neither the energy nor talent to put a cute surprise together for them.
So this is what I did instead, and will remember to never do again:
With ultrasound picture in hand, I sat the kids down and said, “ You know how Mom has been super sick? Well, I have a picture here of inside my tummy and it shows what is in there making me so sick.”
Evan said in a concerned manner, “Is it chocolate?” [because he knows that I have not been eating chocolate this year and is very diligent in helping me with my goal].
I laughed and said no.
Then I pulled out the ultrasound and pointed to different features.
First I said, “This is what is making me sick. Look, here is a nose…”
Evan’s face immediately wrinkled up…
“Here is an eye, and a mouth…”
“An Eye! eeeeYUCK!!”
“No, Evan. I didn’t eat an Eye. Look, here is a head and here is a body…”
With each feature I pointed to, Zion started to get more and more excited, but I think Evan’s responses were confusing her. And Taryn? Well Taryn twirled around and around in her summer dress and giggled.
“Do you know what it is?”
“A body!???!” Evan’s nose was still wrinkled in disgust.
Finally, I helped them out and said, “No silly. It’s a BABY! Mommy has a baby in her tummy. Did you think I ate a body? That would be so silly.”
Zion’s eyes lit right up. Evan’s face relaxed from its contortments and broke into a smile. And Taryn? Well she stopped twirling long enough to yell “BABY!” and then twirl some more.
Now I’m just worried that they think cannibalism is the way to conceive a child. Oh well. We’ll cross that bridge when we get there.




9 comments:
Congratulations! That is such exciting news! And so hilarious the way you told the kids and their reactions! Hope you get to feeling better!
Congratulations!! Hope the morning sickness passes soon!
this is sooo much fun! and total Congrats!! how exciting!
How exciting! Very cute post and I love your blog layout!
Love this post!
LOL! Congrats on the pregnancy! If I'd known you were feeling so sick I would have taken your kids so you could have some quiet time. I love Evan's reaction. So funny! Let us know if it's a boy or a girl.
Congrats! Maybe when the start of school settles down we can take your kids for a few hours!:) Hope you're feeling better soon!
Tasha!!! I am so excited for you!!! Sorry to hear you have been so sick, no fun!! I love your kids responses! It reminded me of when I had a bladder infection and we told the kids that I was going to the hospital (it was a weekend). We explained that my tummy was hurting really bad. Owen asked if there was a baby in it. We said no. He sighed and said good, cuz it would have been one bad baby to make you hurt like that! Kids are fun! Hope you get to feeling better soon!
Oh, MAN! That has me laughing out loud! Poor Evan! ;)
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so thrilled for you! Sorry you have been so sick. And alone! Wow. I had no idea you were planning on such a big change!
Excuse me. Who waits until I move OUT of AZ to move in??? Sheesh. -- okay, I forgive you. :)
Take care!
Post a Comment