Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Little Bleak

It's hard to smile today.

And I'm afraid I haven't made very good company.

Today is one of those days you just wish would be over. One that you've known for years, months, and days would be coming, but don't grasp the full impact of the day until it hits you full force.

It's been two years now.

And I don't think it's getting any easier.

I miss my Mom.

Past entries about my Mom have been a little more uplifting. Sorry, I'm just not feelin' it today. But you can reflect with me here and here.



Photobucket

7 comments:

The Wizzle said...

I'm so sorry Tasha. You're allowed to just be sad.

Jonesy said...

I'm thinking about you, Tasha.

Your post brought to mind the article in this month's Ensign by Pres. Packer. He ends his remarks saying that if we "have a good, miserable day once in a while, or several in a row,...stand steady and face them. Things will straighten out. There is great purpose in our struggle in life."

If there truly is opposition in all things (and I believe there is) then in order to experience the greatest depths of joy, we must also experience the greatest depths of sorrow. There truly is great purpose in our struggles.

Tara said...

I love that picture of Mom.

Kristy said...

Tash- I think that your mom was fabulous. I can't imagine how your life is without her. I'm glad that you and Tara have each other, so you can call each other and talk about everything and nothing at all. My deepest sympathy to you. I love you tons and only wished that you guys lived a little closer.

granny said...

Love, love, love that picture. It made me cry. I miss her too. I know your loss is greater than mine {she was your mom} but I do share in the feelings of deep loss. But she'd want us to carry on and so.........we'll carry on! Love you.

We Are Family! said...

I am so sorry, Tasha! I wish you would've said something when we were all together yesterday. We needed to do something more after the activity! My heart is with you!

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

That must be so hard! I will be thinking about you!