
It's been one year since I saw her last.
It's not so uncommon for that time to pass.
Years gone to school while she on a mission
Occasions to see her were frequently missing.
So why then does one year stand out among others?
Why has this last year been so hard to suffer?
I remember that trip to the Arizona sun,
Playing with family until the turkey was done.
Getting together for Zion's blessed day,
She held my baby in her very special way.
I vividly remember that last Sabbath meeting
she saw many old friends with a happy greeting.
One year exactly I remember so well.
Strange that a homecoming should be our farewell.
The last smile, the last hug, the last look from her;
the warmth that her presence always could stir
are all only memories tucked carefully away
No longer to be seen or heard or displayed.
But the heart-breaking memory is lovely nonetheless
Within it I still feel my mother's caress
Her loving arms around my shoulders
the gaze on my baby that says she loves her,
The embrace for my toddler that means the same;
her undoubted love never will feign.
For she is my mother then and for always
And that memory of love will forever stay.




5 comments:
What a sweet, tender tribute to your mother. I am always afraid to try a poem for fear it will just sound cheesy. You may have inspired me to try again :) Thanks for sharing this. *hug*
I agree with Tanya, very sweet tribute, I'm sure your sweet mother is very aware of it, too. (and loves it)
What a beautiful poem about your mother! Thanks for sharing it!
Beautiful poem Tasha. Thank you. Love Dad
Thank you for sharing. It is beautiful.
Post a Comment