Friday, February 3, 2012

Grow Up

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Evan: A garbage man! Because the trucks have that cool arm that picks up the garbage cans. (This has been his answer for a couple years now. Should I still hang onto the hope that it will change?)

Zion: A bus driver! Because I like bus drivers.

Taryn: A princess. No, no, wait… a doctor!

Well, I might at least be able to count on Taryn to support her parents in our old age

………………………………………………………….

While watching American Idol with Evan and hearing a male vocalist sing fantastically well, I asked Evan, “Do you want to learn to sing like that when you grow up?”

“No. I can’t sing because I’m going to be a garbage man.”

 

I hope to teach my children that they can be anything they want to be,

including more than one thing. :)

No comments: