Monday, January 9, 2012

4 Years

4 years. Wow. It’s been four year. 2 sign in title

Somehow this anniversary doesn’t mean as much as it used to. I suppose that is bound to happen with every passing year.

Instead, it’s all the days in between. 

All the days when randomly a song, or a comment, or a picture will provoke a thought.

A thought that leaves me empty. Reminds me that it’s real.

That she’s really gone.

And I am left.

A mother without a mother.

And without a clue as to how to mother.

But then…

That’s not really fair. She didn’t leave me totally helpless and alone.

She taught me. She taught me every day she was here, how to be a mother. Just by being my mother.

But did I pay attention?

Probably not like I should have.

But she also taught my sisters. I still have my sisters.

My blessed sisters who are each amazing mothers.

And suddenly I am one of the luckiest heart-broken girls in the world.

6 comments:

Tara said...

Yep.

Darla said...

well said. thanks for being my sister.

Tina said...

I'm sorry Tasha! Sometimes when my thoughts drift to someday losing my mom I too think, "At least I'd have my sisters". I'm glad you have some awesome ones too!!!

Brittany LeSueur said...

Your mother must have been an amazing woman! Just look at her beautiful daughter! Thanks for sharing this. It is always hard to remember those missed, but thak goodness for the Plan of Happiness

Sarah said...

What a sweet post. I can't imagine what it must be like to lose someone so important in your life. I'm sure she was a wonderful woman, and she certainly did teach you well. You are wonderful and amazing too! So glad you are here and that I get the chance to know you and be blessed by your sweet spirit.

Tanya Leigh said...

What a true statement, Tash. You have a beautifully simple way to put these thoughts. Thank you for sharing.

Sending love.