Sunday, August 21, 2011

On My Own

Well.

He Left.

Packed his bags and was gone before sunup.

And another of the many agonizing decisions we’ve been having to make is actually upon us.

 

Greg got a job in Arizona. Starts tomorrow.

And we are mostly thrilled. Deep down inside.

But on the surface? On the surface there is only sorrow and fear. Lots of fear.

From me at least.

Because here I am - left, all alone. On my own.

For who knows how long it will take.

And I just don’t know how I’m going to do it.

Sick as I am. Tired as I am. Impatient as I am.

I just don’t know.

But I have no choice. It has to be done. I have to do it.

And maybe that’s a good thing.

I’m good at not doing things if I don’t have to.

This is what it is, for however long it is.

And then we will see what’s next.

So many unknowns.

So many possibilities.

5 comments:

karis stapley said...

That's def. a tough one! I recall growing up my parents having to do that when my dad got a job back in AZ while we stayed in Ca. for many months until our house sold. I think you've got the right mind set; not easy, but you will make it thru w/ the Lord & angels baering you up. I'm sure of it.

The Wizzle said...

Oh, Tasha, I'm so sorry you have to do this. I have sold a house and packed it up with three kids, almost all by myself. But I wasn't pregnant, and it was HARD. But it's amazing the things we women can do when it's just what need to be done, you know?

And just think - when you come down here, you can live by me and we can be friends! Please, please?

Tina said...

Oh wow! That is incredible news! I almost started feeling sad, that I'd miss you and then realized I don't even live by you and you will still be blogging... phew!!! Good luck with everything. That is crazy insane all that you'll be doing but we will all be praying for you! You are amazing!

Rach said...

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help. You know when it comes time to pack up you and your family, Tim and I will be there to help you. I am super sad that you are leaving. And I am also still stunned at how I just found out about all this! Just please remember that you have friends that can help, and don't hesitate to call me ANY TIME.

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

So sorry to hear that!! What part of Arizona? I wish we lived closer to help. Being apart is no fun especially when you don't know how long. Make things easy on yourself and take the help when it is offered! I will be praying for you!