Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Hands of Heaven on Earth

Today I was the recipient of a very sweet and tender mercy. hands service

This world can seem so big and crazy and it can feel at times as though there is no way the Lord could possibly know the little things that you need.

But He does.

He really does.

Even if it is something as small and seemingly silly as a pack of toilet paper.

It baffles me. It truly does.

And it makes me want to be better.

To listen more. Really listen and follow those little promptings. So that someday I can be His hands.

I am so thankful to the sister today that did listen. That witnessed to me that I am known.

That I do matter.

And that I am loved.

4 comments:

Rootbeer Floats said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I didn't know what your current e-mail was - so I figure leaving a blog comment was good. Hope 30 is good to you!.... I enjoy reading your blog when I get the chance. Sorry I don't get much time for leaving comments in my busy, fun times of life right now....Hope you have a great birthday!

Tara said...

What was the tender mercy? A package of toilet paper? Please explain.

Greg said...

Yes. It was a package of toilet paper. Silly, I know.
We only had half a roll left in the whole house and I knew we needed to buy more. But Greg has really been on me about not spending money. So even though it was something we needed, I was really struggling with the thought of buying some.
My visiting teachers came over that day. And in their hands was a 12-pack of toilet paper.
She had no clue as to why she brought it. But when I saw it, I immediately started crying. It was a miracle.
I called Greg and told him our prayers were answered. :) Apparently we have enough faith for a package of toilet paper. Now we're trying to work on having enough faith for a new job! :)

Tasha said...

oops, I posted that - not Greg. :)