Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Houdini

Houdini 003

Leave it to our littlest, and slipperiest, to figure out how to escape a five-point harness while her mother is driving.

That’s gotta be a talent I can convert into cash somehow. Houdini made a living, right?

Assuming, of course, that Taryn manages to survive our car trips after performing her feats of magic.

Quite an experience to suddenly hear a “boo” beside you and see a toddler’s face creep over your arm rest while you’re driving.

4 comments:

The Wizzle said...

That is seriously not cool. Can you tighten it up any more? I can't imagine what I would do! I've never had a child escape from a carseat before they were old enough to obey when I said not to. Iris's carseat has been the only device that could keep her contained for the last year. :)

Matt and Elisa said...

WoW!!! So scary! How do you fix that one??? Maybe put her back in an infant carrier..she is small enough. :)

Hope it doesn't happen again.

Tasha said...

I've tightened her straps, but she still pushes the chest clasp down and pulls her arms through the middle and out. Then she turns her body around so she's facing backward and can more easily wriggle the rest of herself out through the top. I think tightening the straps has helped since I have caught her half-way through this process grunting with a lot of effort and unable to finish the job. Still, probably not the safest way to be driving around town, but at least she's now completely out. Elisa, an infant seat is not a bad idea. But boy, would she ever be MAD about that! Serves her right though!

Tina said...

Oh no!! I can't imagine the horror of driving and then seeing your little girl next to you. But sad to say I giggled a little when I read the post! Good luck!!