It was laundry day. Nothing *romantic* to write about that.
Also, dishes day (every day). Doubly *unromantic* unless it’s the hubby doing those dishes and then suddenly it turns into fantastic foreplay. But that’s probably just me.
This kind of day comes with lots of negatives. Not just the negative of drowning in housework, but the negatives I repeatedly hear escaping my lips.
No
Don’t touch that
Don’t mess up the piles
Put the silverware back in the dishwasher
No!
Get out of here
Stop playing in the dirty clothes
Not right now
Don’t touch that!
Put that back
Take the dirty bowl off of your head
Get off the clean clothes pile
Go watch t.v.!
I just folded that!
Don’t touch!
No! No! No!
{met with lots of hard, deliberate sign language as well to really get my point across}
*sigh*
I realize this is most likely a typical scene in most households on any given day. It comes with the territory of raising little ones. But I despise the person I turn into in these moments. It’s hard to stay positive, to be positive when every other word out of your mouth is *NO* or *DON’T*.
[insert 20 minute break]
Here is where I was hoping to put some sort of positive spin on things and wrap this post up light-heartedly.
But it’s laundry day. So this is me airing out my dirty laundry.
Should be dry by tomorrow.




5 comments:
Sigh.
I know.
Seen my blog lately? Must be something in the water...
*Smile* and a *sigh*
It is sadly so true.
Will you teach me some of those 'hard, deliberate' signs for my kids! Who knows, it might help.
You bet Elisa. My kids definitely know I mean business when I bust those signs out.
and this is exactly why sometimes i stay up til ridiculous hours of the night (morning?) doing said chores...so i can do them alone and in peace...it's all about opportunity cost, isn't it? cause then i'm exhausted and falling asleep on them the next day. ahh a mother's life.
Post a Comment