Thursday, May 5, 2011

Hidin’ and Seekin’

Evan: Mom, do you want to play hide-and-go-seek with  me?

Me hesitatingly: Um… … … not… really? {shrug}

Evan: Why Mom?

Me: {going through the list of reasons in my head of why at the end of a long day I don’t want to run around the house… crouch into small spaces… stay completely still… and freeze my panting lungs… because I’d rather sit lazily on the couch… and watch the evening news… and I’m too fat… and my toe hurts…}

Evan: Is it because you’re not very good at hiding?

{oooohhh oo ooo Buddy. You don’t know who you’re dealing with}

The gauntlet was thrown DOWN!

I immediately started counting in response to his challenge.

It was on ---

Hide-and-go-seek is the best to play with little Taryn around. She is the eyes and ears of the operation. Not sure where Zion is camping out? Ask Taryn. Can’t seem to find sneaky little Evan? Taryn will know. So if you want to be good at hide-and-go-seek in this house, you have to get past the baby.

Guess who found a spot to hide in successfully for a full 7 minutes? Even while whistling out taunting hints?

MOM

That’s right!

Booyah Buddy!

3 comments:

The Wizzle said...

LOL.

So, where was your hiding spot?!

Tasha said...

The vacuum closet. I guess he didn't think I could fit in there. I sure showed him! :)

Susie Faye said...

Ha! I miss your writing style! I just laughed my head off (quietly cuz it's 12:30am and not a creature is stirring in the house). I love this story. I also love your description of Taryn in the car wash. I can totally picture her face. OH and that post from Greg was so sweet, thanks for sharing that.