Saturday, May 14, 2011

3 Snippets of Today

WindblownCollage Perhaps she’ll be a model. She LOVES the wind. She kept trying to eat it.

I think the windblown look suits her pretty well.

******

Laid down with Zion during naptime today.

It was much needed as I only got about 3 hours of sleep last night taking care of our flu-stricken boy.

As I dozed off into peaceful slumber, I was suddenly awakened.

“No. Let me hold it!”

She said it so clear, and without the slightest dreamy mumble, I thought for sure she was wide-awake.

But her immediate snoring proved otherwise.

******

Evan’s Bed Time Prayer:

Dear Heavenly Father

Thank you for this day.

Bless us to be nice

and that our friends will be nice to us.

[Pause]

…… Looks up at me for a prompting

Mom: Bless me to feel better.

…… quizzical look from Evan

Evan: You? No me.

Mom: Right. You say, “Bless me to feel better.”

Evan: You?

Mom: No you. But you say, me.

{both of us are laughing by now}

Mom: Just say it silly.

Evan: You or me?

{laughing}

Mom: You.

Evan: Bless us to feel better.

In the name of Jesus Christ,

amen.

A-men.

2 comments:

The Wizzle said...

Hahahahaha. My kids have trouble with the pronouns at that age too!

Olivia Justine said...

loved that!