He came in from the backyard, screaming and with hands covered in blood.After cleaning the mess up and nearly going deaf from the wailing {did I ever tell you about the Doctor Lady who said "I can't work in these conditions" and wouldn't sew up Evan's cracked chin - seriously, what kind of pediatric doctor says that - totally unprofessional},
it was determined that Evan had sliced his thumb pretty deep.
Me: Evan, how did this happen?
Evan: I didn't do nothin'.
Me: Evan, it's okay, I just want to know how you got hurt. You're not in trouble. What did you touch?
Evan: I didn't touch nothin'.
Now there's a mystery.
Then we doctored it up with some "Go Diego Go" and somehow he fell asleep on the sofa while his sister screamed bloody murder because there was a fly in the house and I finally took a vacuum to the floor - also known as Taryn's all-you-can-eat buffet.
It's amazing what a child can sleep through after something traumatic. Now that is a mystery in and of itself.




2 comments:
I hope you solve the mystery soon so he doesn't do it again. I hate it when my kids get hurt whether they were being naughty or not.
Way to have Diego on hand in time of need.
Ah... your kids have the screaming talent too?? Whew! Between scratches, bonks, & bugs, I'll NEVER be able to tell when something REALLY bad ever happens. ;)
Post a Comment