She looks a little like me. Apparently we sound alike too. But for all the glaring similarities, it is our differences that have made me come to love Tara so much.
Tara is tough. Heck, she's 9 months pregnant and still playing softball each week on two different teams! But as kids, her toughness was proven on nearly a daily basis when we would arm or leg wrestle each other, or get in small fist fights, or test how long and hard we could pinch eachother before saying "mercy". I don't really remember who would win, but I do remember always thinking I was going to have to really push myself if I stood a chance. And I was glad to have that motivation to be stronger. To be tough like Tara.
Tara has lots of friends. She was always more popular than me. I remember in Elementary School she got mad at me because her friends wanted to invite her to a birthday party, but that meant they would have to invite me too, and they didn't want me to tag along... Sometimes it's hard to be a twin... As years went by though, Tara still had the most friends, but she was always very quick to include me in her circle. And I felt so cool around her; to be under her wing; to have her as my big sister, even if it is by only two minutes.
Tara is soft-spoken and kind. She is so pleasant and easy to be around. Nothing is awkward or forced. Her smile and caring eyes put anyone at ease. She is a listener. And a good one. I want to be one of those.
Tara is smart. And its the real kind of smart. The kind that takes dedication and application. I was a better test-taker. I feel bad about that, because I didn't deserve to do better on a test that I didn't study for than Tara who was an excellent crammer. And for the record - for all of you out there who have been wondering - I definitely did not deserve to graduate from high school with the same GPA as Tara. She earned that GPA. I just talked my way into it. Every achievement and recognition and honor that Tara has received, she earned. And her hard work has carried over into real life. She knows how to get things done. And that is what makes her so smart.
So, even though it is the differences that mark us as individuals, I can't help but want to be more like Tara every day.








8 comments:
Happy Birthday guys! I love you both! For some reason I was just thinking about the time when we were sophmores and we left the football game early and went back to your house to watch Jurassic Park and we all fell asleep. And just think about all those good ol' times playing tennis and taking lessons...even quarter days. Man! We're getting old! Hope you had a great day!
And Tash- I know that Tara's great, but you are amazingly fabulous too!
Happy Birthday Ladies!
Oh, that is so cute! Happy Birthday to you, too, Tasha!
This is really nice, Tasha. It means a lot to Tara, too. Very kind words about Tara, and all of them true!
Happy Birthday to you too! You are such a sweet sister. How lucky the two of you are to have each other!
Thanks for making me feel special Tasha. You are so good at that. I hope you had a nice birthday. Its weird not being closer to share it together. I love you.
That picture on the far right is how you guys looked when we moved to AZ. Time flies...you two are both so fabulous! Miss you in these parts...
What a sweet post, Tash. I always count my meeting you two as one of the blessed days of my life. Happy (belated) birthday!!
Post a Comment