Remember when I made this pledge? Well, I got to put it into action last night as I spent about two hours constructing this "labor of love". I realized that I am a first-class novice and while it is not as spectacular as I had hoped, I was pleased with the result. It was my first attempt remember. But I hope to carry on the tradition of my mother. And Evan was very excited about it. As well as being very excited about his train ride on the commuter rail and finally getting to ride his new trike, which has been tempting him in the garage for the last month. I am happy to report that it was a successful birthday celebration and Evan now knows that he is "three years old". I've heard that is a rough age. Bring it on buddy.




9 comments:
Cute cake, Tasha! I've been plotting out how I'm going to make Aydon's train cake for his birthday. Isn't it funny how boys this age seem to love trains?! Glad he had a fun birthday!
Happy Birthday Evan! The cake looks awesome, and it looks like you had a fun day. I hope he enjoys his trike.
Holy snot! That cake is AMAZING! How did you map all the details out? I am thoroughly impressed. ... and I pledge... that I will probably never have that much patience for a cake (sorry, kids ;) - Oh, I try to be creative, but nothing that time-oriented. Way to go!
I love the picture of him watching the train come in!
What an amazing cake! You're extremely talented. I'm absolutely amazing... especially since it was your first attempt.
The cake looks great! Doesn't look like it was your first time. It was cute on Sunday when I dropped Trey off in class Evan came up to me and told me he was 3 with his 3 little fingers. He seemed so excited. Looks like he had a fun day.
Cute cute Tash!
Happy Birthday (late) Evan!! It looks like he had a super birthday. That cake is amazing! I tried making a simple flower cake for Sammy once and it ended up with me in tears the night before her party. So way to go!!!!
Awesome Cake Tash! That is truly a labor of love! I am glad that Evan had a good birthday!
Are you kidding me!?!? That is an AWESOME cake! You made that!?!? Way to go!
Post a Comment