Saturday, March 28, 2009

In Trouble

I am so embarrassed by this. And it is actually still keeping me up at night, even though I am sure it is all resolved. I didn't want to say anything about it because I feel so stupid and ashamed, but Greg said I should make a post any way. Below is the result of the incident that I mailed out as a thank you and my own personal penance.


Mar 27, 2009


Dear Buck – store owner


I wanted to write and make sure you really know how much I appreciate you allowing me to continue to shop at your stores. I want to apologize again for making an outside deal while the woman waited in line to sell her trike. I honestly thought I was just saving everyone time by doing so and failed to recognize the impact deals like that can have on your store that I love so much. The irony of the situation is that after making the transaction, I looked around the store at similar items and realized I would have gotten it cheaper from you! Hindsight is definitely 20/20.


I want to thank you for all the work you put into owning and operating your stores. In these hard times, Kid to Kid has been such a blessing to our family. I hate to think that by acting in ignorance I jeopardized my ability to shop there.

Thank you for forgiving me. I can not express to you the shame and remorse I feel from my actions. I hope you will still consider me a valued customer because I look forward to giving you a lot more business.

With sincere appreciation,

Tasha Palmer


p.s. Please apologize to your Layton employees for me. I can see now that I must have put them in a very uncomfortable situation. I certainly never intended to. They have always been nothing but kind and helpful during my many visits there. You certainly have a wonderful team of employees!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Years ago I bought an expensive dress at the mall and an hour later found a better deal in the same mall and went to take my dress back. They wouldn't take it back even with the receipt so a customer shopping there saw my dilemma and said she'd buy it from for the price I paid. I was so happy but when the manager heard this he escorted me out of the store and said I could never come back. I felt so bad but at the same time felt they should have taken my dress back. It happens!

Emily Ruth said...

I can completely see how in the moment it made perfect sense to do what you did. No worries hun. Stuff like this happens to everyone at some point. I am so impressed with how you handled it--and what you do after it (inevitably) happens, is what counts.

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Wow! I wouldn't have realized that either. You did a great job. We all have situations similar to that. It is amazing how we stay up at night thinking about it when like you said it is resolved.