It’s been nearly two weeks and I hoped to have good news.
Did you know Greg and I celebrated our 7th anniversary earlier this month? We did. Seven beautiful, short, long, dramatic, life-altering, difficult, easy, tearful, and joyful years. I had every intention of blogging a thoughtful message about how much I have enjoyed being married and what a great husband and father I have in my home. But I became distracted.
I busied myself that snowy Monday. There was a lot of housework to do and I was anxious to get it done so I could enjoy a care-free evening with my man. I did the dishes, 4 loads of laundry, cleaned the toilet, vacuumed, took the garbage out, and of course, all while taking care of the kids.
Finally, I had a chance to shower and get myself decent-looking for a date with my hubby. While blow-drying my hair I noticed it: an empty, left ring-finger.
Remember when I lost my ring last month? After that happened I wondered what I should do about the looseness of my ring. Should I get it resized? But I'm going to be pregnant during the summer. I'm sure I will need it to be this big. Do I just not wear it? No way, an afternoon without it on my finger was long enough. Though it was certainly very loose, it never slipped off without some effort. So I decided it was safe to leave it dangling on my finger. But now that my finger was empty, I quickly rethought that decision.
I made a list of all the things I had done that day and looked everywhere. This was much more difficult than combing through a known circumference of grass. This time it could be Anywhere! And the metal detector would not be nearly as useful in a fully-framed home with metal nails every square foot. I looked and looked. What a day of all days to lose my ring!
I didn't even want to go on our anniversary date. But Greg persuaded me and a trip afterward to the grocery store to buy some Mormon bubbly and a container of readiwhip to spice up the evening helped me momentarily forget my gloom.
A week passed and still no sign of my precious jewel. I began to consign myself to the idea that it would most likely not be found until the day, however near or far it may be, that we move from this house.
I told my piano students about my plight and bribed them with $5 if they could find my ring. They looked with enthusiasm for about 3 minutes. I was asked, "Do you have a jewelry box you might have left it in?" If only it were that simple. They did even look in the string box of my grand piano. Wouldn't that have been something if it had magically appeared in there for some reason? But alas, no such luck.
Another week passed along with my optimism. I asked Greg to do a load of laundry while I bathed the kids. He came up the stairs momentarily and asked, "Do I get the $5?"
My knight in shining armor came through again. And my still dull, but dazzling ring lay between his fingers once more. The tears instantly appeared.
It's been nearly two weeks and I Do have good news!
Now I just need to find where I put that $5 bill.





1 comment:
lol. Wow, Tash. He is the man!
So happy for you both!
Post a Comment