Saturday, February 28, 2009

And I'm Feelin' Good (or at least better)


My fever finally broke after two days. It's amazing what can get done when not curled up on the couch with the shivers and shakes.

It was a bit of a craft day. After a trip to Michael's and lunch at the Carl's Junior playland, I finally got up the courage to teach Evan how to paint. "Teach" is a relative term. I was successful at teaching him to clean his brush between colors so they don't mix. But unsuccessful at teaching him not to mix his colors on the paper. He definitely liked to keep that brush in one spot. It was a black hole sucking him in. And that is basically what it turned into until I would show him other areas of outerspace not yet explored. But he loved it. And every minute or so he would turn to me and exclaim, "I'm painting!" Until today, it had only been an activity he had shared with friends on tv. Now he knows what a brush really feels like and how to manipulate paint onto the paper. It was a fun realization to witness. Maybe some day I will get up the guts to introduce finger painting.

I painted along with Evan - a rack for our keys to put by the garage door, now that I can finally use the garage. Poor Zion wasn't given a paint brush. But she's so easy-going, it was nothing a box of raisins couldn't cure. And then I worked on framing a family photo to put on my new desk at work. I have another project I'm working on to bring some life to my office, but it is not yet finished to show off.

All-in-all it was a good day. Productive in ways I have not attempted in a while. Unfortunately my kitchen still looks a bit like this (and the rest of the house matches pretty well) but I'll let Greg work on that later. Afterall, I'm still recovering from being sick. ;)

4 comments:

Matt and Elisa said...

I didn't know you were sick...I'm glad you're better! You're such a good mom to let Evan paint with you.

Rachel said...

Glad your feeling better! Finger painting isn't so bad (just make sure he is strapped into his chair), Evan will love it.

Tanya Leigh said...

way to go, tash. I am still waiting for my fever to break. 3 days is too long, if you ask me :P You have given me hope.

Good luck in the recovery!

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Sorry to hear you were, sick! Glad to hear you are doing better!