This chair has a story.
When we moved from Utah, we left our crib behind. After our baby was born, two used cribs were gifted to us. But neither crib had all the parts and pieces needed for assembly. We bought a crib instead, but that meant we had lots of old crib railing lying around.
So I looked for repurposing ideas and showed a tutorial to my husband. He is, of course, a male, and a great woodworker to boot, so he scoffed at the plans and did it his own way. Pretty talented, that man-o-mine.
Then I got to work on making it look pretty.
Things I learned:
Try to avoid spray painting when it is windy.
If you want it to look like it has layers of old paint that have been distressed, then do just that. I spent hours trying to cheat the look without success. It would have been done much quicker if I would have done it right from the beginning instead of learning the long, hard way. I found some online instructions very helpful, after I realized I needed some direction.
Getting Free samples of paint from the Home Improvement store is awesome! I want to get a jar of every color. So perfect for little projects!
Hitting things with a chain is fun.
I am more than thrilled with the results. Sometimes I open the front the door just to take a peak at it.
Looks awesome on my porch.
And is just the thing I need for sitting and waiting for the four buses that stop at this house.
We still have lots of railing to go.
And now that I know what I’m doing…
I can’t wait to make the next one.
I’m thinking red.




3 comments:
What a fabulous idea!! I might have to do something with my crib now too since all but one baby slept in it. Maybe I should switch Drew and Ellie and let Drew sleep in it for a month or so and then I can officially say that all five slept in it... right? I love it though. You did such a great job!!
It does look awesome on your porch! How cool that YOU made that. Very talented :) You could go into business my friend!
nice job tash. (and greg!) i LOVE the color.
Post a Comment