Five Years. I can’t believe it.
I’m not saying the old cliche though - that it seems like only yesterday I was holding her in my arms for the first time. Because it doesn’t seem that way.
It’s been just the right amount of time.
Just the right amount to bask in her childish ways, observe her girlie traits, and witness her mama-in-the-making compassion and charity start to shine.
Just the right amount of time for me to hope that the next five years take just as long.
We tell her all the time that she has a very special name.
It means “pure in heart”.
She’s got a bit of a mischievous side every now and then.
But for the most part – she is oh so pure.
And oh so wonderful!
----------------------------------
Year 5 is when we throw our children their very first friend party.
But Zion was thrilled to opt for a trip to Utah instead.
Where we celebrated with much missed cousins…
Caught some wicked air at Hang Time…
Lost ourselves in some maize at Pumpkinland…
And ended her day-of-birth’s celebration with a requested “rainbow cake” and gifts galore.
Happy Birthday Zion!




1 comment:
She is simply beautiful Tasha!! Love the cake and I love that she got to spend it in Utah with cousins. So cute!!! Happy birthday to Zion!!
Post a Comment