Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Flower Power

I’ve got the Crafting Bug.

I have a long queue of crafts in my head that I want to do. this. week.

But it will more likely be strewn out over the entire summer.

But I did just finish one.

 

The story goes like this…

When we moved from Utah, we had to fit a 2700 square foot house into a little U-Haul. So a lot of our things didn’t make it down with us. Including most of our furniture.

We got lucky in Arizona and scored a free couch.

But it was white…

Random 007

 

 

Made cuter by our kids.

 

 

But how long could that last.

Really?

 

 

So we got something else for free.

A used sofa cover.

2011Christmas 077-001

 

 

Made cuter by our kids. (And Santa).

 

 

 

But a little bit difficult to decorate around…

The way I would like to, at least.

 

So with a little bit of this years tax return I decided to take advantage of a big sale and get a new sofa cover.

FlowerPillow 004

 

 

 Chocolate.

 With pillows.

 

 

 

Made even cuter by our kids of course.

Sleeping 023 FlowerPillow 005

The pillows were all different materials and textures.

But it needed some dimension.

So I made this.

FlowerPillow 006

Pretty cute, huh?

I used the pattern from here but the gluing instructions from here.

(Let’s face it - I’m the first to admit that if I can avoid using the sewing machine, I will).

FlowerPillow 017  FlowerPillow 008   FlowerPillow 010

Now on to the next project…

4 comments:

Tara said...

Looks great!

~aileen~jaron~ said...

im telling you! its all about the fabric glue!! SWEET!

Tasha said...

You're totally right Leeney. THANK YOU for introducing the glue to me. ;)

karis stapley said...

Love it! Love the red pillow a ton! Great job!