I’ve had a few moments in my mothering career when I’ve felt like “SuperMom”. Like when I went grocery shopping with a newborn and two toddlers while feeding the baby a bottle, pushing the extra-long shopping cart, and sorting through coupons at the same time. I felt pretty super. Or when I had to keep a baby Taryn asleep during one of her ABR hearing tests for which she was hooked up to all sorts of machines, but she had a poopy diaper that was making her cranky, so I had to change her, while she sat in her carseat, still hooked up to all the wires and doohickies, and I did it, and kept everything in its place, and she went back to sleep and I felt super super.
Today was a super mom day.
We had the opportunity to go to the Maricopa County Fair for free through Taryn’s School for the Deaf program. This is a HUGE county fair, not like our little county fair up in Utah (where we lost Taryn last year). I wanted to take my kids. I told them all about it and we’d been looking forward to it for weeks.
But suddenly Greg had to work. Which left me a single Mom sporting three rambunctious children and a needy newborn. But I decided to be adventurous and try calling forth my super mom skills.
I was pretty nervous about it though. So before we left, I fixed little notes to the backs of each of my children’s shirts.
Just in case. :)
Well, we had a great time. The biggest trouble came with the fact that the majority of my kids were too short to ride on any of the rides. That was disappointing. But there was still lots to do once the tantrums subsided.
My hands got pretty full during lunchtime when I tried to feed all the kiddos, including the baby. Taryn took this opportunity to hop on stage and dance along with the live singing entertainment – crackers in hand and all. She is still, as always, our little dancer.
Our newest addition was a perfect little angel and slept through all the noise and bumpy stroller rides and screaming and mooing and cockadoodledooing, only to wake up just in time for lunch and then go right back to Havenous dreaming.
And our oldest somehow decided that being tall enough for a ride meant he was also big enough to put his arms up in the air on the downhills. Where did he learn that from?
The adventure ended without incident and with a smile on everyone’s face. They all fell asleep in the car on the way home, so it must have been an exciting activity.
I sure felt pretty Super.
And tired too.




4 comments:
Yay!!! What a great experience! I'm so glad you had such a fun time. (You are so smart to put that note on her shirt... I should have done that in Disneyland. Good thinking)
Notes on the shirts = genius.
It sounds like you did a GREAT job! I had a similar experience, when Iris was three weeks old or something and I took all the kids by myself to the Veteran's Day parade in Phoenix. I felt like a superhero!
I think you are "Super Mom" every time you leave the house with four kids...I thought taking two kids out for the first time was quite the adventure! I love the pictures of your three girls! It looks like Haven is a huge hit in your home! I wish I could see her in person!
You are a super mom. I'm impressed. I only have 3 kids and I still avoid taking all three of them anywhere like it's the plague. I'm guessing your courage to take them solo gave them some awesome memories.
Post a Comment