We sure were surprised to hear those words. We had thought we were surely having a boy. Zion would say “I think it’s a boy because Evan needs a brother”, and it was the sweetest thing. But Taryn kept talking about a baby sister. So we had both influences. That pronouncement was a beautiful shock to hear though. I even got emotional. It felt so right. On the way to the hospital, I told Greg that I was thinking it may actually be a girl. And that if my Mom had anything to do with it – then it would definitely be a girl. She always liked that my older twin sisters had opposite gendered babies so that there wasn’t as much comparing. And Tara and I had started following that same trend. The only problem with having a girl was that we only had a boy’s name picked out. It took us all three days in the hospital to finally decide on this one. I think it’s a good fit for our little Haven.
Haven looks so much like her sisters. When I hold her, she takes me back in time, and it feels like I am holding one of her newborn siblings. It’s a trip! We are all still making the adjustment to being a family of SIX, but the kids are so excited about their baby sister and they are all being great helpers for their Mom while I recover.




3 comments:
Congrats! What a beautiful family you have! She is a very pretty baby!
Yea! I am SO happy for you guys. You have a beautiful family! I still can't believe you waited to find the gender - gutsy!
Congrats!
Post a Comment