I got to substitute on the organ last week. Happy Father’s Day to Greg, I know. But it sure was nice to get some of that quiet sacrament time back. And it reminded me of one of my favorite things about sitting up on the stand.
Remember as a teenager when you would briefly catch the eye of your school crush? And the butterflies would start fluttering? And your cheeks would flush? And an automatic, giddy smile would spread across your face?
As I take the sacrament, I watch my kids.
They are busy coloring, or scrambling for their turn with the water and bread trays, or reading a book, or reverently zooming their cars on the back of the pew.
But every now and then, one will look up at me, and catch my eye.
And it is magic.
Then, I look down the row and watch their father.
He glances at me and sends a wink.
And the butterflies return.
And cheeks get hot.
And rather than a smile of adolescent giddiness, I react with a smile of pure joy.




2 comments:
Awww... Tasha, that's so cute! I love how descriptive you are with your writing. I can picture all this going on. Love it!!
Oh... it's perfect, Tasha. How sweet!
Post a Comment