Saturday, June 25, 2011

Car Washing

Remember doing fundraising car washes as a youth?

And you felt so sporty. And tan. And dare I say, even sexy (I never would have thought that as a 16y-o, but I look back on those years and remember my cut calves and trim waist and realize now that those were the glory days).

And the honk of a driver-by would make you smile and the cash tips after the wash would get you giddy.

And it was a self-esteem bubbling, sudsy kind of day.

***

Today I donned my swim suit, swim shorts, and tank top.

I pulled out the hose and bucket of soapy water and worked away at my envy-inducing minivan.

And as I bent over to scrub the mud-splattered wheel wells,

I realized something:

I am pretty sure, not even my own husband would pull over for a wash from me.

1 comment:

Shayla said...

Hey, there is a time and a season. Hang in there!