Phew {wipe sweat from brow, literally}! It’s over. I think recitals are more stressful for the teacher than for the students.
There is so much build up,
so much building up,
so much calming down,
so much reassuring,
so much correcting,
so much time put into something so small and so quick.
I ended up losing half of my students last month to moves and schedule conflicts, which was sad for me. But the show must go on!
I’m so proud of my students. It’s been a real joy teaching.
I always wanted to be a teacher. But as I got older and less confident about many things, I convinced myself that I would never make a good teacher. So teaching piano these last 2 years has been both terrifying and exhilarating.
Because, guess what. I love it. AND I’m good at it.
It’s always nice to learn new things about yourself.
I want my student’s lives to be enriched because they have music in their lives. I am passionate about that.
It’s the greatest lesson I could ever teach.




No comments:
Post a Comment