Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Kids These Days

Zion: I want to go to a restaurant

Me: But we already ate.

Zion: I still want to go.

Me: What restaurant were you thinking of?

Zion: Like Donald Duck or something.

- Could you figure that one out? Answer: McDonalds.

- Yep, She’s pretty cute like that. :)

***************************************************************************************

BlackMarker 003crop

She bit the tip off of a black Crayola marker.

For as much as she likes to eat random objects, I’m surprised we haven’t had to call poison control yet.

Still waiting for the results of this to reappear in her diaper though.

**********************************************************************************

Our big 5-year-old boy awoke from his nap in a crying frenzy. All the questioning and shushing and talking couldn’t calm him down.

Instead, what did the trick was holding him against my shoulder just as I did when he was a babe and patting his back and rocking him.

Sometimes we want our kids to grow up so fast. But sometimes we are granted brief moments in their sprint to tweendom where we can relish the past for just a minute longer.

Those are precious moments.

1 comment:

The Wizzle said...

Now that is funny.

I have never had a kid literally EAT the marker!

Can't wait to hear how that one turns out. :)