Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Best Part of Day 3

- Wednesday mornings I get to teach piano to my neighbor and fellow mother. It is so refreshing to teach someone who genuinely desires to learn how to play. That kind of desire and appreciation doesn't really come until it is often too late. And I love that she is taking the opportunity to learn something new as an adult. It's inspiring. And she is picking it up so quickly. Adults are so rewarding to teach. I'm glad I have this opportunity. And that we have a pretty cool trade system going on. She teaches me how to make bread, sew, or just be at my beck-and-call for babysitting at the last minute, and I teach her piano on Wednesday mornings. It's a great trade!

- I did my dishes! Granted, that was not one of the best parts of my day. But having them done definitely was! {They've been piling up since Sunday. Yikes!}

- I spent the majority of my day watching kids. Well, I guess that is what I usually do every day. What I mean to say is I spent the majority of my day watching other people's kids. I love that my children are getting older and the idea of friends coming over actually means a break for me. Weird. It's great to not have to referee any more. And nice to be of service to other families in the process.

- Made homemade croutons to go to with our pasta/caesar salad for dinner.

- The best part of the day? Eating a spoonful of cookie dough as we speak.

Photobucket

No comments: