Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Best Part of Day 2

- At 4:00 am our baby woke up screaming. 4th night in a row. I believe its becoming more of a bad habit than it is from its origin of a bout of coughing. This morning, Greg got up with her, and I got to sleep.

- I spent some sanctuary time at the piano. I relish that time. And I especially love when the little one climbs herself up and pounds away on the higher keys with shoulders swaying and vocal chords vibrating notes that I can only hope will someday turn into acceptable music.

- While the little one napped and the older kids played outside, I indulged in my guilty pleasure and got caught up on "The Bachelor". I'm not too fond of the idea that egotistical Michelle is co-staring in what looked like a pretty cute, new Mormon movie from the makers of "The Best Two Years". Unfortunately, the thought of watching "Midway to Heaven" now puts a bitter taste in my mouth. Too bad she had to go and ruin what is probably a pretty decent film.

- While the older kids napped I got to spend some quality time with Taryn. What did we do? Sat ourselves down on the couch and busted out "Beauty and the Beast". I love that show. And I love introducing my kids to the good ol' Disney that I grew up with. Of course, Taryn is a succor for anything musical, so beautiful Belle was right up her ally. We sat side by side and my heart smiled each time she would squeeze her fingers in mine when the Beast was a little more nasty than she was comfortable with. Priceless.

- We had breakfast for dinner! When I first suggested the idea, Evan wanted nothing to do with it. But when I mentioned my hankering for German Pancakes, his mood immediately changed. Good stuff!

- The best part of the day? I stayed in my sweats for its entirety!

In case you've never had them...
German Pancakes
1 cube butter
6 eggs
1 C. milk
1C. flour
1/4 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter in 9x13 pan in oven.
Mix remaining ingredients.
{I like to keep the batter a little lumpy - makes a great texture.}
Pour into pan atop the butter.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with maple syrup and let the kids shake some powdered sugar on top.
mmmmm...............
Photobucket

1 comment:

Tanya Leigh said...

Oh, yes!

And my family's favorite (and only) topping for German Pancakes is powdered sugar and lemon juice. MMMMmmmmmmm.....

*love your description of Taryn's singing at your piano :)