I am not the most "in-tune" person. I rarely feel prompted by the spirit in my decision making or guided in my daily routine. This is my fault, not the Lord's. It's my fault because I rarely "invite" the spirit into my life. Granted, I'm not hosting raves or swinger parties or doing anything even close to terribly sinful that would drive the spirit away and allow the devil access to my life. But I don't fortify or prepare myself each day either. And sometimes it's those sins of omission that can really pull you away.
Well, despite my lack of spirituality, I am, for some reason, our ward's Compassionate Service leader. And while I have felt completely inadequate in knowing how best to help others in their times of need, lately I have been called upon to do just that in a seemingly overwhelming number. And thanks to the willingness and participation of many other ward sisters, we have put together care packages, meals, gifts, notes of encouragement, notes of comfort, and everything has come together without a hitch and at the right times.
Well, despite my lack of spirituality, I am, for some reason, our ward's Compassionate Service leader. And while I have felt completely inadequate in knowing how best to help others in their times of need, lately I have been called upon to do just that in a seemingly overwhelming number. And thanks to the willingness and participation of many other ward sisters, we have put together care packages, meals, gifts, notes of encouragement, notes of comfort, and everything has come together without a hitch and at the right times.
In a moment of reflection the other day, I found myself wondering why and how I was able to help fill other's needs when I knew I was undeserving of any inspiration on their behalf.
In a flood of emotion it came to me:
He is not going to deprive a deserving child their needs because of my shortcomings.
And suddenly I felt so small.
And selfish.
And selfish.
Who am I to hinder the work of God? And if He can use my unworthy, unfit hands to do good for another, than just think what He could do with ones that were prepared, qualified, and pure. Why shouldn't I give Him that chance?
None of us can do it on our own.
None of us...





3 comments:
Beautifully said!
your awesome tasha.
So true, Tash. You are amazing! I CONSTANTLY struggle with those sins of omission. --
That picture is one of my favorites.
Post a Comment