I am a terrible housekeeper.
And in my neighborhood, I feel like the only one. I am so often in shock when I will randomly stop by a neighbor's home in the middle of the day and find it to be spotless. How in the world!!? ???
******
I was just introduced by my friend to this awesome project called The Shape of a Home. Here's what the creator has to say about it:
"...I realized, after many years as a SAHM of a brood of kids, that us mamas are coerced and encouraged to hide ourselves. In small and big ways, but ways that all matter. Ways that foster feelings of solitude, resentment, grief, competition, disconnectedness, judgement, and shame...
We live in an over-edited world; our original image always getting trimmed and cut and retouched.
Surely we don’t love doing this. I don’t. But we do it. We believe we must.
And so, like everything else we feel unworthy to share, our secrets stay hidden.
I hope by sharing real, unaltered, unedited photos of the Shape of My Home I can inspire other mamas (and dads) to LET GO of allowing ourselves to be Boxes. Boxed in, boxed up, and boxed in the heart.
Reveal your Shapes. And your worth.
Because you are priceless."
******
I'm joining in. Because I'm so glad I'm not the only one.
Here's my home - NAKED








5 comments:
Oh believe me girl, I feel ya! With 3 boys 3 & under, a clean house never lasts long around here!
Why, when I got home with the kids early this afternoon after being gone all morning & coming home to a picked up house, it was nice. And then it looked about trashed with in 30 minutes! Groceries on the counters, lunch all over the table, & toys strewn all over the family room floor. *Sigh* :)
And that's life!
This is a great idea! The Shape of a Home blog lady is a friend of mine here. :) So cool it made its way to you!
I love a tidy house, I really do, but it's just not possible most of the time anymore. Three small children = messy house. Period. Fighting it just makes everybody cranky.
Haha! I need notice if anyone plans on dropping by! You are not alone, Tash. I tell my husband that cleaning up after our family is like shoveling while the snow is still falling. LOL.
Great post - thanks for sharing.
I'm with ya! I try to do my chores each day, just a lil something each day but only that area of my house is clean for about an hour of that day! I don't know how the "clean people" do it, my kids would get no attention!
My mom always said, "You can either be a good mom or a good housekeeper ... not both." :)
Some people *may* have some alien gene that overturns this, but not me... and I'm not even sure about the "good mom" part of it sometimes!
But I think Tara had it right when she wanted to put a sign by the front door that says:
"WE LIVE HERE"
Enough said. :)
Post a Comment