Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas List Makeover

I think it's good timing to have Thanksgiving come right before Christmas. It's good to be reminded of how blessed and fortunate we are before we start writing our wish lists that suddenly become two pages long, and opening [let me count... one, two, three, four, five, six, seven ...] eight web browsers of supposed "cyber monday" deals and filling online shopping carts with unnecessary, yet seemingly necessary items. Reminds me of the conversation I had with Evan today.

Me: Are you cold at school when you go out to recess?
Evan: No, I'm warm.
Me: Okay, but let me know. Because if you start getting cold we can bundle you up with warmer clothes. Like a snow hat or we can buy you a scarf.
Evan: A scarf? Thomas has a scarf. Everyone has a scarf. Yeah, I want a scarf.
Me: Is a scarf something that you want, or something that you actually need?
Evan: It's something that I NEED because everyone has one!

hm...

I'm going to go ahead and close all those web browsers now.


Photobucket

1 comment:

The Wizzle said...

Oh, it's so true. That is an excellent reminder.