Monday, October 11, 2010

Three Years


Three years ago today I was holding this tiny "little peanut" for the first time.



And now, though she is still little, she is BIG on the good stuff.
Thoughtful, caring, sweet, loving, happy.
Don't get me wrong, she's got some fire too. Actually, a lot of fire.
But man is she so cute when she's shooting daggers or stomping her feet in a tantrum.

Is it bad if I just can't keep my eyes off her sometimes? She is gorgeous to me in so many ways.
Did I really create that? Did something - someone - so beautiful really come from me?
It's remarkable.
When I look at my children, I get a glimpse of the potential we have in ourselves that we didn't even realize.
It's astounding.

Happy Birthday Zion!
We love you!


Dress up theme gifts so I couldn't pass up attempting this cake



Photobucket

2 comments:

Tina said...

I agree!! She is beautiful!!!
I get that way too with Cloey especially and get a little prideful about who she is and how she looks. We are truly blessed to be mothers to our amazing, beautiful, talented and spiritual children.
Hope her birthday was tons of fun!!

Tara said...

Super cute! Happy Birthday Zion!