
And despite the 12 hour drive;
a baby with diarrhea, a 102 degree temperature, and the worse bloody diaper rash to boot;
dozens of cuts, bruises, and bug bites;
2 flat tires;
nearly overflowing porta-potties and a daughter fascinated with what was in them;
freezing our noses off at night;
and speaking of noses - a two-year-old that woke up in her sleeping bag covered in blood from a bloody nose;
and speaking of sleeping bags - that same two-year-old puking all over hers and then again all over our camping chair;
and all of this leading up to Greg proudly finding, pulling, and displaying my very first
Grey Hair...
we had a Fabulous time!
(really we did, and I can't wait for our next family excursion. The kids did amazingly well considering the circumstances. Besides the lack of sleep, I enjoyed every minute of it - especially the 40 minute shower I took when I got home!)
Now I need to work on unpacking all of this... While washing all of this... and my kiddos do some of this...










6 comments:
the best thing I found for a really bad diaper rash is Mylanta (generic works) it will totally take care of it and quick.... just in case... we did a trip once and our oldest was just a baby and got the worst diaper rash and nothing seemed to help- my sister said mylanta and I laughed and then tried it a little desperate... plus we didn't keep that stuff on hand... well it work wonders.
Oh, what an adventure!! Sounds like you were never bored!! We leave for vacation this Saturday and I'm so excited!! It's only about 8 hours and we are splitting up the day to stop to see some family so no 12 hour drive but your post still made me excited for our get away!!!
Welcome back! I'm glad you guys had a good time. A family vacation is never complete without some sickness. I'm sorry you guys had so much of it.
Oh, we were so very sorry to miss you guys! I was particularly looking forward to seeing your family. Poo. Another time.
We are going to be in Utah next week....:D
Rach - we were so bummed not to see you too. Are you seriously coming to Utah? Do you need a place to stay? We would love to see you guys!
Lanie - I am very intrigued by your Mylanta suggestion. Her diaper rash has come back and so I am wondering about trying your very strange remedy. :) This might sound super naive of me, but am I giving her the mylanta orally or am I supposed to spread it topically on her bum? I hope you get this follow up comment. I didn't know how else to ask you. Thanks! - Tasha
Post a Comment