
We've watched "Minute to Win It" a few times now with the kids. Evan, especially, really enjoys it.
At the close of the day when we ask the kids to clean up their toys before bedtime, we usually hear a lot of griping and complaining, perhaps even a body or two being thrown on the floor in a fit of tantrum - usually by our eldest.
But if we say...
"Okay. You've got a MINUTE TO WIN IT!"
Attitudes immediately change and the floor instantly becomes visible and free of toys as Evan races like the wind to beat Daddy's counting-down clock.
Sometimes it's difficult to have a child who is so competitively-driven that he races his little sister any chance he gets, including at the dinner table where he scarfs down his food without tasting a single bite.
But other times, when we can use that drive to our advantage - It's awesome!




5 comments:
I love that idea! Anything that gets them to help without complaining is great. Sounds like a really fun thing to try.
Niiiice!
I love it when something works as bribery or what not.
So... Layton huh? I'm loving that thought that we would be so close. I'm having a hard time with moving Jacob away from all of his therapists and so it was a comfort to read that and know that maybe you could give me some referrals.
Love it! I'll have to give it a try.
I haven't seen that show yet. Sounds like a fun one.
Tasha
You are a beautiful writer and I LOVE your attitude! I LOVE your post about Mother's Day. It is so true, isn't it? To focus on ourselves seems like a sure ticket to misery. Even when in my book, Mother's Day should be all about you, I'm so glad you were able to turn it around in such a positive way. And I am so happy to hear that Taryn's hearing loss is mild and possibly treatable. What a tremendous blessing! We are so thrilled for the news! And what a clever way to use "Minute to Win it" for tidying purposes. I have a niece that's competitive the same way. She won't touch her messes until you challenge her to clean up more than you do. Hey, that quality's gotta be honed for something good, right? ;)
Post a Comment