Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Scriptures


In Relief Society on Sunday, we talked about this scripture:


It was a good reminder for me to think about the ways that I have found the Lord in the past and what I need to do to continually seek for and find Him.

I made one comment in class, that I struggle with reading my scriptures. Somehow I always have time to read my email or blogs, but don't have time to read the scriptures. But I was introduced to a website a couple years ago from my friend that sends the scriptures to my email. So now I can do both! :)
It is called Read the Scriptures and you can customize your reading schedule however you wish, and it will also email out RS and Sunday School lessons. Plus, it has an online journal connected to your account so you can write down any tidbits of inspiration you might receive. It's really been a wonderful resource. And I can tell that I am a much happier person when I take advantage of the time I have to read the scriptures and seek the Lord through them.
There are definitely a lot of other things I need to improve on. And I am always grateful for, though sometimes ashamed of, the reminders I require to get my life in order. There is no standing still when it comes to being active in the church. We either move forward or backward. I hope to do better at moving forward. Even if it is inch by inch, line upon line, and precept on precept.

Photobucket

3 comments:

karis stapley said...

that sounds like a great resource! I'll def. have to check it out, since that would be an added boost into reading my scriptures daily. I need to be better too, It's touch n' go & I need to be more consistent.
thanks for the great info!

Tanya Leigh said...

YES! Thanks for the reminder. I have been quite a slacker lately. :P No time ... to be lazy about reading scriptures! :)

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

That is one thing I love about the church. Constant reminders! It really helps keep us on the right path instead of expecting us to be perfect the first time! Thanks for the reminder!