Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Thoughts on a Split Lip


Nothing says "I Love You" more
than swooping a terrified child up in your arms and rushing him into the bathrom as a trail of blood drips from his mouth and onto the floor, and even more trickles down your arms and seeps into your clothing. And through the unconsollable screaming and obvious pain,
your main wish is that
you could trade him places.

Then again, the arms of a loving mother isn't such a bad place to be.

6 comments:

The Wizzle said...

Aw, poor little man! I hate those mouth injuries - so much blood and you can never quite tell where it's coming from.

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Ouch! Hope he heals fast!

Tina said...

Oooh, I've been there before and ya, I always feel bad for them. Cloey split her lip two Thanksgivings ago and I thought we would be making a trip to the ER. We were very "thankful" that we didn't end up needing to.

Unknown said...

I subbed in Evan's class today and I asked him about his "owie" he mentioned something about a stick, but yes you could tell it was a tramatic experience from the tone of his voice. He is so cute!

Tanya Leigh said...

You are a great mom! What a sweet post :)

Tasha said...

That's funny Lindsey- I don't know what he was talking about a stick. He split it open at his Sports Rec Class when he tried to leap onto a big step, tripped, and smashed his mouth into the step above. It was awful! Blood everywhere and all the other parents having to listen to his ear-piercing screams. It's looking so much better now, and it just amazes me how our bodies are able to heal after something like that. Incredible!