Sometimes I don't feel like writing when I have a lot on my mind.
So I'll put those issues to the side and talk about something else until I can focus my thoughts.
It was a fun weekend.
I played softball. That's an old love of mine. But it wasn't as good to me as it used to be. I felt clumsy and awkward. But the atmosphere was as I remembered. The bright lights, the musty smell of the dirt, and the trickles of sweat were just as inviting as they were in high school. And we won the championship!
I sang in a concert. And it was so moving. In fact, it was so moving that it moved my milk right down the ducts and out the front of my dress! Guess that's what happens when bottles are the easiest fix during church and I hadn't nursed my little one since the morning. Good thing it's a black dress and I held my binder in front of the two leaking faucets. But the music and theme were wonderful and inspiring. And I was so glad to be a part of it.
It was a good weekend. And a good distraction.
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Sorry, I am dying at the leaking situation! One I know all to well, of course. :)
Dang those leaky faucets! I wish we could have been there to play softball. We had planned on it, but ended up going out of town for a football game. I miss those good ole smells of the diamond!
Post a Comment