Sunday, October 11, 2009

Want some cake with that spit?


Align Center
When Zion turned one, she didn't know how to blow out the candles. So Evan stepped in and helped her. This year, however, Zion was a pro at blowing them out.But that didn't make Evan too happy - he wanted help this year too. So to avoid a tantrum in front of company, we lit the candles again. But Zion snuck her tiny, but apparently powerful, blow onto the flame before Evan.
And that made him MAD


The fit was already had. But we relit the candle yet again because Evan's screams are really somethin' else. With tears streaming down his face he finally got his blow in before Zion - flinging salty tears and tantrum-created spit all over the butterfly.

And we got to enjoy our spit-laden cake in peace.

And I finally understood why my Grandpa and Mom insisted on cutting their piece of the cake before the candles were blown out.




Evan and I had a long talk about birthday etiquette afterwards. And about who gets to blow out the candles. My Goodness.
All that, because he wanted to "help".

2 comments:

Amy Mann said...

Got to love 3 year old tantrums!!! The cake looks awesome, it turned out really cute. I hope Zion had a great birthday.

Joni said...

The cake turned out cute! Isn't it funny that you had to have a talk about birhtday party etiquette? I had to have one with Aydon about standing in line and taking turns being the line leader...funny, the things I never imagined I would have to have a "talk" about.