This is a story about my Mom that I had been meaning to write up for some time. Today at enrichment we were given a few minutes to put together a story for our personal history, so I took that opportunity to put this one on paper.
_______________
As a pubescent teenager, there are two things that can cause you to hide in shame before your peers: shopping with your mom and picking out bras. Imagine the horror when those two are combined. All I could do was pray that the mall would be void of faces I recognized and that my mom would behave herself.
I walked casually through the aisles of unmentionables and avoided physical contact with anything lacy until my mom finally had an armful of hangers, with thin straps attached, for me to try on. I'll admit that the day could have been worse - at least my mom gave me privacy in my stall.
When my fingers became badly crippled from the endless torment of bra clasps, I emerged from the dressing room. I looked for my mother and found her sorting through a display of colorful panties. I hid my head while walking toward her.
With a bubbly voice, she asked if I liked the bra she hung over my door for me to try on. My eyebrow raised as I told her I had no idea what she was talking about. Realizing her mistake she turned to the woman walking past us and said, "Oh my! Did I put a bra in Your dressing room?!"




5 comments:
:) Gotta love it. Hmmm... what kind of mom will I be?? That is a funny story! ... can you explain the "bubble in her voice?" as in teasing, or that voice thing that happens every once-in-a-while. ;)
Good question - I wasn't sure how to describe that. I meant it like she was all bubbly and excited. I'll have to try to re-word that.
ha. that is a super great story. I can just see it now.......
That is too funny!
Oops! Sorry I just realized that I am logged in on under my mom's name!
Maddy
Post a Comment