Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Morning with Zion


I got Zion to myself this morning. And suddenly I realized I don't think that has ever happened. We got to do all the things we usually try together, but get interrupted.

I read her books without a big brother shoving his way onto my lap to share. I played the piano with her and she got to pick the songs. She got to play on the computer without her brother getting in the way, and she even climbed up and lounged in Evan's booster chair without him telling her to get down.

Zion is so easy going. And while I love it, it sometimes makes me feel guilty because she doesn't care when Evan steals my attention from her. And by the time I tell Evan that it's not his turn and to wait, Zion is off to the toy bucket to find something else to entertain her.

I wonder how long this stage will last and I know I especially need to spend time with her before this new baby comes.

I discovered today that I love my time with Zion.

5 comments:

Tanya Leigh said...

I know the feeling. It would make "teaching" so much easier if she weren't so compliant ;) That's how Brityn was too. What a sweetie :)

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

I feel that way too! It is hard to find the balance with more kids. Zion is such a sweetie!

Unknown said...

I've been wanting to tell you congrats on the baby! You are a great mom. Also, Manuel enjoys being a ward missionary with Greg. We should all get together sometime :)

Emily Ruth said...

I love this post. It reminds me to really enjoy the time I have with Mo. Zion is such a cutie:)

Misty said...

I totally know how that goes, except neither of my kids are easy going, so they both fight for my attention. YIKES. It's crazy at the Black house!