Wednesday, August 8, 2012

First Day of School

Backdated from Oct 4, 2012

FirstGradeCollage

Evan has wanted to be a Garbage Man since he was in Preschool. I keep waiting for his aspirations to change. This year, I told him we’ll make a sign every year on the first day of school to see how his signature changes and all the different things he decides he wants to be when he grows up. He said, “But Mom, I’ll always want to be a garbage man, because that’s what I’m going to be.”

FirstDayZion

Zion is enrolled in two different preschools this year. In the afternoons, she will be attending the same Speech preschool that she went to last year, and in the mornings she will go to the elementary school’s preschool program. She has a Fall birthday, so she barely misses the cutoff for Kindergarten. But I think she will definitely still be academically stimulated this year!

FirstDayTaryn  {In keeping with the theme of her older brother and sister’s statements, Taryn first said“tractor” when I asked her what she wanted to be. But because of her poor intelligibility, I responded, “Doctor?” And she changed her mind in agreement. I decided to keep that answer. We need at least one child with some ambition.} :)

Taryn has been so excited to start preschool this year and get to ride the bus just like her big sister. She is attending the same speech program that Zion is in, but Taryn gets to go in the mornings. She’s been talking about the bus for months and months. I thought she would actually be scared to get on it though, but when the doors opened, she bounded up the steps so quickly I could barely get a picture of her.

No comments: