There is nothing
like hearing those words from your children.
Aside from an unsolicited “I love you” -- They are probably some of the greatest words a mother can hear.
(The last time I heard them say this phrase was Christmas Day. So this was certainly a treat to hear.)
As I reflect back on the day, I think what made it so great is that we did everything together.
{Even running into the grocery store for a carton of icecream and a redbox.
Would have been easier to stay in the car with the kids while Greg or I ran in, but we did it as a family.
All 6 of us.}
We visited the cemetery where we gave my Mom some new flowers.
We played at the park, until it got too hot,
and then we escaped to McDonalds to use a Happy Meal coupon and refresh ourselves with a cold treat.
We came home and did chores together.
Then we napped together,
Went swimming in the back yard together (yes, even this big ol’ Mama got into our little kiddie pool with the kiddos).
The kids had behaved so well all day, and I had been craving a certain Mexican Pork and Apple salad for weeks, that we took the youngin’s with us out on a date to Tia Rosa’s.
And what a surprise, there was a balloon animal artist at the restaurant.
If that didn’t top the day off for my kids, then the quick trip to the grocery store producing a free cookie, a redbox, and icecream surely did the trick.
We walked into our clean house, and the kids could each be overheard saying those wonderful words.
This is the best day ever.
And we watched our movie together.
And the kids played around with their balloon animals.
And fell asleep on the floor.
And drifted off into blissful dreamland,
as we carried them each to their beds,
And whispered “I love yous”.
Then Greg and I snuggled, and talked, and … ..
It really was the best day ever.




1 comment:
That does sound like the best day ever!!! How fun!!!
Post a Comment