Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Safe Place

Dearest Haven

I was scared. I was afraid of the changes you would bring to our family.We anticipated your arrival with excitement. But at the same time, we were comfortable. We had our routines and the gig had finally gotten … easy. I knew the changes that would come with your arrival meant having to find a new normal – and that is what scared me.  haven3crop

Now you are here.

And your siblings adore you. Evan kisses you when you cry. He must think his kisses have magical powers, because when they don’t help, he wonders why. “I gave her a kiss, but she won’t stop crying,” he says.

And your sisters constantly want to hold you and kiss you and stuff your pacifier in your mouth and watch me change your diaper and watch me feed you and get right in your face at every possible moment.

They are so in love with you. 

As am I.

You must have sensed my hesitancy, because you have been nothing but gracious. In fact, only one week after your arrival, you let me know of your approval by providing me with daily smiles. REAL smiles. Induced only by me. Meant just for me. And I love love love them. You look right at me with your dark blue eyes. And as I talk to you, your face illuminates and your mouth turns up into a gorgeously beautiful smile that lasts for a few sentences and is ever-so contagious.

I may have been apprehensive. But you have made me feel safe.

You are my safe place.

You are my Haven.

Love,

Your very blessed mother

5 comments:

Tina said...

OK, that was the sweetest post ever!! She's gorgeous Tasha and I can't believe the smiles she gives you so early! How fun!!
Oh, and I love, love, love her name!!! You are one lucky mama!!!

Tara said...

Very nice Tasha.

Tanya Leigh said...

Beautiful. What precious words for your little piece of Heaven.

Emily Moffat said...

So sweet. She does look to be perfectly suited to her precious name. So happy for you.

Rach said...

She is beautiful. And I love this post.