Friday, July 8, 2011

2 Years

DuckPark 009Taryn's Birth 028cropped 

Sometimes people say that time flies.

Especially when it comes to their children.

Baby wrinkles disappear in the blink of an eye.

Teetering toddler-legs stabilize in seconds.

Chubby cheeks melt within moments.

Sometimes I say that time flies.

But not when it comes to you.

I have savored every minute.

Relished every hour.

Partaken of every particle of you.

You have been, and still are my baby.

Even though you are growing -

And have grown faster than I’d like -

I do enjoy the process.

Step by step.

Nothing left out.

Nothing unnoticed.

I watch it all.

 

You are seen.

You are heard.

You are loved.

And I am blessed.

Happy Birthday Little Tarynator!

3 comments:

The Wizzle said...

I feel the same way about Iris. <3

Happy birthday Taryn!

Tina said...

She is just gorgeous!! You truly are blessed with an angel for sure! Happy B-day Taryn!

Tanya Leigh said...

YAY! Such a precious post. :) I didn't quite get this way until Jaxyn, but OH, how I relish it.

I always have a twinge of regret when I look at "last year's picture" and see the girl I thought was "too big" whose chubby cheeks have disappeared even more.

I always lament the loss of baby cheek chub. Every year I think it's gone already, and there's more gone the next. Aargh!