Sunday, June 19, 2011

Here I am

LongCurls 002-1HairStyleCollage

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Because a few people asked, and the rest saw me at church today – Here are some pictures of me as me-again.

I didn’t post an after shot originally because this hair style really isn’t anything new. It’s what I’ve looked like the majority of my marriage, so if you haven’t seen me in a while, then you would never the know the torture I put myself through this last year.

I know I may not look it from these photos (it always feels weird to smile in a picture I’m taking of myself in the bathroom), but oh, am I oh-so-happy to be me-again.

I’m nicer to my kids, cooler in the heat, have more time in my day (20 minutes of blow-drying vs. 2!), feel cuter, feel lighter, can lay my head back without messing anything up, don’t shed long strands of dark brown hair all over my house, don’t get my hair pulled by careless children and well-meaning husbands, no longer tickle said husband’s nose when we spoon, and can finally clear my bathroom countertops of hair ties, alligator clips, large clips, small clips, bobby pins, barrettes, curling irons, hair sprays, and straighteners.

Hooray!

Note to self: Please read this post before ever considering a longer length of hair again!

2 comments:

The Wizzle said...

Not to mention, HELLO! Talk about showcasing your beautiful eyes!

Welcome back to the short hair club. It's nice in here. :)

Tara said...

Yay!! I love the way you look with short hair! Congratulations.