A good teacher is like a candle -
it consumes itself to light the way for others.
~Author Unknown
We were so fortunate to have Evan be involved in our School District’s Head Start Program this year. Not only did I benefit from having some extra time minus one child for 4 hours/4 days a week (!) but he excelled and soared under some fantastic teaching and excellent activities.
I think I was more emotional than him on this last day. {That may very well be because I’m running on 4 hours of sleep after working on a class DVD for all of his friends and teachers till 2 a.m., but that’s another story}.
One of the things I will miss the most though is dropping him off in his classroom each morning and witnessing he and Taryn exchange the most sincere and sweetest goodbyes. A kiss. A hug. And a signed “I Love You” as the baby runs out the door and down the hall and the brother laughs his precious giggle while I begin the chase.
Darling, but…
Here’s to a new school year where I can drop him off on the curb and send him on his merry way.
Kindergarten here we come!




2 comments:
Aw. We had our last day of preschool here today too. A very emotional day. I'm glad it's over and I don't have to dread anything (until the first day of kindergarten!)
yes tash. dropping them off for school is sometimes a blessed event :)
Post a Comment