What? Not yet?
Well, for the Father in this house, it was a pretty happy day when I gave him the news that he had been nominated by the School District for Father of the Year. Isn’t that cool?! I’m so proud of him and all that he does for his family.
Greg’s pretty modest about it, and who knows if he will actually win, but to be nominated is a pretty big deal by itself. He had to write up a little spiel about himself (which he felt weird doing – I don’t blame him) and I thought I’d put a blurb of it on the blog:
Being a Father is the one greatest calling I will have in life. As a father I feel the responsibility to protect, care, and provide for my children. That in and of itself is a great burden, but not the limit of my charge.
Being a father is also a great motivator. My children mean everything to me and they help motivate me to be a better person, to be a good example, and teach them values. Some of the sweetest joys in life are seeing my children learn, grow, and experience new things.
In short, after having children, life is never the same. You constantly worry about your children and earnestly seek for their welfare. You sacrifice at a whole new level, the things that you want for the needs of your offspring. I wish I could put into words the lengths that I would go to insure their happiness and security. I love my children and am so happy to have them in my life.
I am so lucky to have such a fantastic husband for myself and fabulous father for my children. He even took the oldest two on a bowling outing today, to spend some time with them. What a blessing Greg is in my life every single day.
Thank you Love!




5 comments:
That is soo coool!!! I have been wanting to do that for Tim for years but I have no idea where to find out how. How did you find out where to enter him?
Who the heck is Jarod and why is his name appearing on my comment?? That is me, Shayleen. Wierd...
Sooo wierd.... sorry! It's Back to normal now.
I figured it was you Shay, but have to admit that I was a little worried that some random gay couple was following my blog. :)
I actually don't know how to find out where to nominate our hubbys. That was the cool part about this, is that I didn't even nominate him. He was nominated by the school officials for all the work he put into Evan's school program. It was just something that our school district does. It wasn't like a great big huge, statewide father of the year thing. Just a smaller school district wide program thing. But still pretty cool. He actually didn't make the cut though. :) But he did get a certificate for "MVP".
Actually, I guess he did win!! He just got a letter in the mail yesterday congratulating him on winning the award and inviting him to an awards ceremony on Friday. How cool is that?! I don't know what the whole MVP certificate was. I guess we'll get it all straightened out on Friday. Now, here's to crossing our fingers that the award comes with a cash prize. :) [I already know it doesn't, but we can still cross our fingers].
Post a Comment