Dear Evan,
Five years. It’s hard to believe.
Five years ago, we were anxiously awaiting your arrival. You were nearly two weeks late. So when I say “anxiously awaiting”, I really mean it. You didn’t make your entry into this world the way we had planned. But you were a big, 8 lb, healthy little boy, and that’s all that mattered. You came out bruised and battered and beaten, but I think those initial bumps have made you that much tougher.
For all your toughness, you sure have a tender side. And that is the side I have loved to watch develop and mature. You are so thoughtful of others. Always willing to help. Always willing to share. Your sisters are so lucky to have you as their big brother. That’s an important responsibility – to be a big brother. But I know you are just the man for the job. You take the teasing just as seriously as the teaching.
I love watching you grow up Buddy. Seems like we went from playing ring-around-the-rosy together, to playing Checkers in the blink of an eye. I love playing games with you. I love watching your brain go to work. You are so smart. You catch on to new concepts, new strategies, new ideas so quickly. I can’t wait to see what Elementary School has in store for you. And what you are going to start teaching me.
These last five years have flown by. And when I think about the next five traveling just as quickly, my heart sighs. I want to hang on to every moment of every minute. And as much as you may want to grow up, as much as you think that being 5 now means you can do just about anything, you will still always be my Little Buddy.
I love you,
Mom




1 comment:
5 year olds are awesome. Happy birthday Evan!
Post a Comment