Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Secrets

Tomorrow is our anniversary.

I thought I'd surprise Greg with a fun little gift. So I went to the mall. And passed by the Victoria Secret twice before I got up my nerve to look for a little somethin-somethin.

I'm a grown married woman. Why do I need nerve? Actually, it's the same kind of nerve I have to muster up to even go into stores like Buckle or Abercrombie, or any trendy or high-end retailer. Stores where I feel I just don't belong.

But I went in. And felt my cheeks immediately blush when the saleslady (actually, more like salesgirl) asked "what brings you in today?" This reinforced the feeling that I don't belong - as if someone like me needs a really good reason to be in that store. She showed me some cute options. But then I realized nothing in that store was below $40.

And I knew I did not belong.

So Taryn and I shared an orange julius instead.

Sorry Greg.


Photobucket

7 comments:

The Wizzle said...

I know that feeling, I sure do.

Tina said...

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!! That made me laugh. Ya, I never go into that store either. #1 because I can't afford anything there and #2 I too feel like I don't belong and part of me feels awkward just looking at all the skimpy things!! Silly but I'm sure you completely agree and understand! Happy Anniversary!!!!!!

Tasha said...

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one. And I am especially glad, Rach, that you feel the same way. If there is anyone I know that could feel confident walking into ANY store, than it would be you. So that puts me a little more at ease with myself. :)

Tanya Leigh said...

Amen. It's just WRONG that they force you to give a reason to be there. Aaa! You want to show customer service? - don't watch me shop there, and don't make me talk to a stranger about it. Yeesh. ;)

Awkward. -- Target is probably more inconspicuous.

Happy Anniversary!!

Emily Moffat said...

Aw, I'm disappointed! After all that bravery, I thought at least you'd go home with a prize!

You have every right to be there as anyone else, sexy mama! If I was the boss, I'd say you march right back in there and tell them you want a pair of their most fabulous lacy undies because you and your hubby have been married for 9 wonderful years and that's something to celebrate! We all get nervous going in there, but us Mormon housewives need to make a showing! Go get it, girl!

Tasha said...

You are so great Emily - and so right. I need some of your flair before I can get that brave. I will tell you that you needn't be too disappointed though. I just didn't think it completely appropriate to advertise the "naughty or nice" lacy ensemble I found at Ross instead. I'm sure Greg never knew the difference but my wallet was certainly spared. One of these days I'll try Victoria again. But by the time I have that much money it will probably be when I am old and wrinkled and then I'm sure the sales girls will be so shocked they won't even try to ask why I'm there. I'll just give them a little wink and chuckle through my dentures at their reactions. :)

Emily Moffat said...

Ha ha ha! I love it! I have found a goody or two at Ross myself. Glad you were able to get a "secret" for the occasion!! Happy anniversary and congrats, by the way!